SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES & SPANISH HEALTH CONTENT LICENSING
Are you a healthcare or pharmaceutical marketer? Do you focus on patient education? Are you a consumer health portal or content publisher? Are you interested in creating a Spanish-language version of your patient-facing website? Are you looking for a health content provider to help power your US Hispanic or Latin American outreach? You’ve found your content partner: every month, millions of consumers and patients around the world rely on Vida y Salud for trusted, culturally-relevant, evidence-based consumer health content in Spanish.
Whether your clinical specialty is diabetes, heart health, hypertension, cancer, mental health, sexual and reproductive health, exercise, diet & nutrition, women’s health, men’s health, children’s health or pregnancy and baby health, Vida y Salud has proven Spanish web content that engages, educates and sells.
Through its content licensing and sponsorship programs, Vida y Salud can help your company build a trust-based relationship with millions of information-hungry consumers, while communicating with them in the language they prefer: Spanish.
Spanish-speaking consumers and health on the web are a large and growing market
In 2017, there are 304 million Spanish-speaking internet users
- Mexico – 69 million (22.7%)
- Spain – 36 million (11.8%)
- Argentina – 35 million (11.5%)
- Colombia – 28 million (9.2%)
- Venezuela – 18.5 million (6.1%)
- Peru – 18 million (5.9%)
- US Hispanic – 15 million (5.2%)
- Chile – 14 million (4.6%)
- Ecuador – 13.5 million (4.4%)
- Guatemala – 5.5 million (1.8%)
- Rest of Central & South America – 51.5 million (17.1%)
87% of internet users worldwide search for health information
- This represents 1 in 20 Google searches
But there are barriers to engaging them
Latino consumers have trust issues when it comes to healthcare, insurance and pharma companies
- They don’t think these companies have their best interests in mind
- They’re convinced they only care about profits and think they’re just trying to sell them something expensive
- They’re hesitant to give them any information and think that somehow these companies will use it against them
- The very same media that these companies use to reach them provides a platform for self-proclaimed experts to tell them that they should avoid doctors and drugs and take something ‘natural’
Vida y Salud means trust
- Built on a 25+ year relationship between Latino patients and la Doctora Aliza
- A focus on Latino patient education
- Recognized dedication to the health of the Hispanic community
- An environment that is 100% health and medicine
- Over 4,000 original articles and videos on health
- Informed by decades of clinical practice
- A science and evidence-based editorial policy characterized by
- A warm, personal, easily-understood style
- A deep understanding of what motivates Latino patients
- A substantial self-selected audience that is specifically looking for health information
Vida y Salud quick facts
- In its eight years, vidaysalud.com has become the world’s largest online source of evidence-based health information in Spanish.
- Vida y Salud has delivered over 230 million page views to more than 110 million unique users – representing 36% of the worldwide Spanish-speaking web audience!
- Meredith’s Pharmaceutical Trend Report (2014) found that vidaysalud.com easily outpaced all other websites as U.S. Latinas’ top search vehicle for health information — at 45%. Drugstore websites were next at 24%, WebMD third at 22%.
Vida y Salud by the numbers
- Launched June 2009
- 2.5 million monthly unique visitors
- 4 million monthly page views
- Over 700,000 registered users
- Over 250,000 daily and 500,000 weekly email newsletter subscribers
- Over 630,000 social media followers
Key topics or clinical categories
Millions of Spanish-speaking consumers visit Vida y Salud each year looking for information on specific health and medical issues. In 2016, these were the most visited areas:
- Diabetes – 2.6 million visits
- Cardiovascular Health – 3.1 million visits
- Cancer – 1.2 million visits
- Women’s Health – 7.9 million visits
- Pregnancy and Infant Health –2.7 million visits
- Men’s Health – 3.1 million visits
- Sexual & Reproductive Health – 4.6 million visits
- Mental Health – 1.1 million visits
- Exercise, Diet & Nutrition – 3.5 million visits
The heart of Vida y Salud – La Doctora Aliza
- VidaySalud.com was created by Aliza Lifshitz M.D., Mexican-born physician and media health expert known to the Latino community as “la Doctora Aliza”
- Specializing in internal medicine and clinical pharmacology at Tulane University and the Ochsner Medical Foundation, she did further post-graduate work in endocrinology at UCSD. She currently practices internal medicine at Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.
- She is a Key Opinion Leader, with over 25 years as the US Latino community’s most trusted health resource, informing millions of consumers each month through Vida y Salud, her books, television and radio appearances, and columns in numerous newspapers and magazines. She is the host of the Vida y Salud programming block on the HITN educational television network and of the HealthDay en Español daily online video feed.
- She served as 4-term president of the California Hispanic American Medical Association, as Vice Chair of Blue Shield of California & as Chair of the Blue Shield of California Foundation.
- She has been recognized by numerous Hispanic organizations as well as the AMA, American Diabetes Association, March of Dimes and American Heart Association.
Vida y Salud is supported by a select group of committed, blue-chip sponsors that back its public health mission on an annual basis
- No more than six sponsorships are available in any given year to ensure that each sponsor receives a high level of very targeted exposure and fulfills its business objectives
- No two sponsorships are alike. They are custom tailored to each sponsors’ objectives and can include exclusivity in the sponsor’s selected clinical area
Sponsorship packages may include
- Website section and email newsletter messaging; banners and/or sponsored content
- Custom emails
- Social media messaging
- Facebook and Twitter live chats with sponsor’s experts and Dr. Aliza
- Personal appearances by Dr. Aliza at corporate, HCP and/or consumer events
- Dr. Aliza participation in sponsor’s PR and/or media campaigns
- Use of Vida y Salud web content on sponsor’s websites and/or patient education materials
- And more…
Vida y Salud’s 4,000+ Spanish-language articles and videos
- Are evidence based and informed by over 25 years experience communicating with and treating Latino patients
- Are not translated from English but are originally written in Spanish. Unlike content from other content providers, Vida y Salud’s articles and videos are developed specifically for Latino consumers and are sensitive to cultural nuances.
- Make complex medical issues easy to understand.
- Are engaging and motivating.
Please click on the buttons below to search Vida y Salud health content by key categories. Also, please use the contact form at the upper right or call or email us and an experienced licensing specialist can help you find the right website content and/or patient education materials to fulfill your objectives.
- Diabetes – 260 articles
- Cardiovascular (Heart) Health – 320 articles
- Cancer – 320 articles
- Women’s Health – 470 articles
- Pregnancy & Infant Health – 360 articles
- Men’s Health – 220 articles
- Sexual & Reproductive Health – 300 articles
- Mental Health – 400 articles
- Excercise, Diet & Nutrition – 880 articles